Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Madness

Why so much infidelity in the news today? Why can't certain successful men save it for their wives--and only their wives?

Perhaps I'm too much of an idealist--probably one of the reasons why true love has eluded me over the years--but I don't understand people who cheat on their spouses, either men or women. If the cheater is unhappy in the relationship, perhaps it's time to talk to the cheated. Be honest. Sometimes the couple can save the relationship; sometimes they can't.

Too many people enter lightly into relationships. This is one of the primary reasons why California has a less than stellar successful marriage rate for first marriages.

I've been cheated on. It's a pain that lingers and truly jeopardizes my trust in any relationship. I'm not one to lie down and give up, though. Like many others, Sandra Bullock, Elin Woods, and the like will wipe away the tears, stand up, and craft their lives better than they were before the end of their relationships. They will be strengthened and hopefully will realize that they don't need the cheaters. The cheaters will be alone in their own time. And they should be left alone.

No comments: